Science in the Park will be 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019 at Wheeler Park. A processing fee of $35 is required for all Science in the Park participants who are not already Festival sponsors to help cover Wheeler Park fees. Register below or submit a check payable to the Flagstaff Festival of Science.
The Festival is required to make sure all Science in the Park participants understand and abide by the City of Flagstaff Parks and Recreation rules. Please review the following and register online below or sign and submit (with a $35 check or PayPal payment to the Festival if you are not already a sponsor) by Monday, April 20, 2019 to:
Flagstaff Festival of Science
P.O. Box 22402
Flagstaff, AZ 86002-2402
- All participating organizations must bring their own tables, chairs and shade cover if desired. All tents and canopies need to be weighted down on all four corners, regardless of the weather. This means weights (such as buckets with sand or rocks, for example) must be tethered to all poles. Stakes are not allowed in the park grounds.
- Any tents/canopies that are larger than 200 square feet require a special permit. Please contact Festival Coordinator Bonnie Stevens (928-380-4349) if you will be using a large tent.
- Nothing may be attached to trees including rope or string to hold up anything, such as signs/banners.
- No vehicles are allowed on the park lawn.
- Water or electricity needs, or the use of generators, must be coordinated with the Festival Coordinator.
- Any hoses or cables on the ground must be covered to prevent tripping.
- Water hoses from the City of Flagstaff building to Wheeler Park must be run under the bridge rather than across the street.
- Participating Science in the Park organizations and visitors will not be allowed to park vehicles in the library and Wheeler Park parking lots. Those who need to drop off materials for booths may do so quickly from the Wheeler Park parking lot before 9 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 21. That parking lot will reopen after 2 p.m.
- Those who plan to use the Wheeler Park parking lot for activities need to work with the Coordinator.
- Nothing may be sold at Science in the Park.
- All participating organizations must have a representative meet with the Festival Coordinator by 8:30 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 21, or prior to that day, for booth location.
- All participating organizations are responsible for cleaning up their booth areas, including trash.
- All participating organizations should be prepared with stamps (or stickers) to stamp Festival Passports.